It is no secret that 2020 was hard. It started out with so much hope and potential, and then, well, you don’t need a refresher on 2020. This year, more than ever, we need to finish strong. At the time this post goes live, there will be 39 days left of 2020. That is a lot of time, so instead of waiting until 2021, why not end the year strong. Here are 4 ways to finish 2020 on a positive note.
What I’m Doing
For the next month or so, I will be focusing on my health. This year really took a toll on my mental health, and many of the habits I have worked so hard for took a hit. Here are the 3 things I will be doing.
- Getting my nutrition back on track: I have gotten so sloppy when it comes to fueling my body well, and I am feeling the consequences. I have put on weight and I am just lacking energy. I will be tracking my food and macros with the goal of getting my nutrition back under control. (NOTE: Tracking is not for everyone. If you struggle with disordered eating, please don’t track and consult with a registered dietician or doctor.)
- Sticking to my workout split: Without the gym during COVID, I got very lazy with my workouts. While my discipline has greatly improved since this summer, I am focusing on sticking to a schedule and getting back into a routine.
- Limiting media consumption: Social media and the news have been terrible for me this year, so I am taking time away from both. I have set limits on my phone for social media so I am aware of how much I am consuming.
4 Steps to End the Year Strong
Now here are some steps YOU can take to end the year on a positive note.
- Stick to the basics: Sleep, water, and exercise. If you get enough of these three things daily, you will see a huge difference in your daily life. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night, drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water per day, and move your body 20-30 minutes daily.
- Self-care: I’m sure you’re stressed. There are so many things going on and most of us can’t help but feel the stress from it all. Schedule in one thing per day that brings you joy. Whether it be a long walk, a movie, or a date night, put it in your calendar daily.
- Connect: This year has been so isolating, and we are all craving connection. For the next 39 days, spend time with friends and family. This could include movie nights, sending a text of encouragement to a friend, or a long phone call.
- Set a goal for the end of the year: I have a post all about goal setting, so I encourage you to go back and read it. Instead of waiting around for those 2021 resolutions, pick a goal and go after it now. This will give you something to build on for next year.
I hope this post gave you some ideas for finishing 2020 on a positive note. Comment or message me on Instagram to let me know if you will be trying out any of these tips!
Be the first to comment